After a long, grueling day at work, few people are likely to be in a good mood. That’s where wine comes in handy. After all, a nice glass of wine at the end of the day can really take the edge off and lift our spirits.
But can we prove it? That’s what photographer Marcos Alberti set out to do when he launched the “3 Glasses” project. What started as a joke between friends turned into something that would soon go viral. He invited willing participants into his studio after their work days, and snapped a series of photos after each glass of wine. The results will make you smile.
1. Photographer Marcos Alberti was just drinking and joking around with friends when he came up with the idea for the “3 Glasses” project.
2. With friends as subjects, Marcos would take portraits of them immediately after work, and again after one, two, and three glasses of wine.
3. The photos went viral after Imgur user minabear shared them online.
4. That week alone, the project garnered more than 1,800 comments and a million views.
5. Since then, Marcos has expanded the project to include subjects beyond his friend group.
6. “The first picture was taken right away when our guests [had] just arrived at the studio in order to capture the stress and the fatigue after a full day after working all day long and from also facing rush hour traffic to get here,” Marcos wrote on his website.
7. “Only then [could] fun time and my project begin.”
8. “At the end of every glass of wine, a snapshot, nothing fancy, a face and a wall, three times.”
9. The change that comes over people is noticeable after just one glass.
10. By the second glass, many people start to get a bit silly.
11. By the third glass, it’s like they’re different people entirely.
12. The difference between the first and last photos are remarkable.
13. You can see a change just by looking at the subjects’ eyes.
14. It takes some people a longer time to get into a good mood than others…
15. Yet nobody could resist smiling after enough wine.
16. Wine really makes people show their true colors.
17. Look at how much bigger her smile gets!
18. Obviously, it’s not a good idea to drink to excess…
19. But there’s nothing wrong with having a little to lift your spirits every now and then!